Consultation & Mediation
We start with a professional assessment of an older adult's needs and develop an individualized Care Recommendation Plan. Our consultation process allows families and older adults to choose among a range of carefully selected services.
- Comprehensive Evaluation of medical, emotional, or memory problems that are interfering with daily functioning, impacting quality of life.
- Education about home care and community living options: hiring help in the home, assisted living and independent living communities, 55+ housing, dedicated memory care residences, and nursing homes.
- Driving: how to respond to changes in driving ability.
- End of Life Care: planning for end of life care such as Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Inform about Family and Medical Leave Act, Power of Attorney verses Conservator, VA Benefits, options regarding medical insurance decisions.
- Family education and counseling: information regarding the older adult's needs and care options
- Family mediation: communication around difficult issues, as well as developing a vision and common ground around care needs.
- Dementia Care Coaching for family and caregivers on caring strategies to respond to challenging behaviors.
- Recommend when to seek legal services, financial planning, psychiatric and medical referrals, and other services.
- Provide guidance in response to suspected elder abuse or exploitation.
- Prepare a disaster plan for the care of older adults in case of emergencies such as a storm, power failure, flooding or dislocation.
"Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with us and to give us such good ideas and resources. We have already started pursuing some of them." E. Gray, Psychologist
Dementia Care Resources Consultant CT