Consultation & Mediation
The ElderPath Consultant specializes in helping families determine if their loved one has memory loss and other cognitive changes and if so, on what level. We start with a professional assessment of an older adult's needs and develop an individualized ElderPath Report. Our consultation process allows families and older adults to choose among a range of carefully selected services to address Mild Cognitive Impairment or Dementia.
- Comprehensive Evaluation of memory changes through the use of cognitive assessment tools and professional expertise. The Consultation includes exploring the medical, psychiatric, and cognitive problems that can interfere with the quality of life.
- Recommend when to seek legal services, financial planning, psychiatric and medical referrals, and other services.
- Care Options: education about hiring help in the home, assisted living and independent living communities, 55+ housing, dedicated memory care residences, and nursing homes.
- Driving: how to respond to changes in driving safety.
-Caregiver Support and Dementia Care Coaching for family and caregivers on caring strategies to respond to challenging behaviors. The Consultant also provides support for caregiver stress.
- Family education and counseling: information regarding the older adult's memory care needs and care options
- Family mediation: communication around difficult issues as well as developing a common vision around memory care needs.
- Inform about Family and Medical Leave Act, Power of Attorney verses Conservator, VA Benefits, options regarding medical insurance decisions.
- Provide guidance in response to suspected elder abuse or exploitation.
- End of Life Care: planning for end of life care such as Hospice and Palliative Care.
"Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with us and to give us such good ideas and resources. We have already started pursuing some of them." E. Gray, Psychologist